Thursday, January 17, 2008

Oceanwind's Tweed Scarf: it's reversible!

I found a great pattern on ravelry right before Christmas and it was just in time to make my Dad a scarf. I prefer reversible scarves that won't roll and the combination of horizontal and vertical ribbing was perfect - scroll down to see the chart I used.



yarn: Knitpicks Memories 'smores' I used 2 50 gram skeins
needles: size 3 (3.25mm)
pattern: Lori Law's Tweed Scarf from Oceanwind Knits
details: I changed this a bit since I was using fingering weight yarn with a pattern written for bulky or chunky yarn. I cast on 30 stitches and made each 'block' of the pattern 10 stitches by 10 rows.

final dimensions: 4.25" wide unstretched or 6" wide stretched and about 80 inches long. My dad doesn't mind the narrowness of the scarf - he plans to wear it looped on itself. It covers his entire neck when looped and the tails are waist length.



I love that this scarf pattern is reversible and doesn't roll - here's the chart I used so you can make one too! I can't figure out how to upload a pdf to blogger but try right-clicking to save the image and then print it out.

No comments: